Whenever I think I might have misnamed the blog this sort of thing happens.
- I demand a family outing for the last day of Mr Shambles holidays. We take a drive past Crescent Head scouting out potential camping spots. Hippie Child’s surfboard is slung between the two girls because Mr Shambles is worried about it falling off the roof on the dirt road. On particularly bumpy patches it hits Princess Child in the head, repeatedly. Don’t worry it’s only mild concussion.
- Mr Shambles ordered Christmas lights from China two-and-a-half months ago for our first ever attempt at a Yuletide lighting up of the house. They arrived yesterday. He insisted on stringing them up anyway.
- I finally get the I-phone I’ve been coverting. We discover the carrier we have signed up with for a two-year-plan has lousy coverage. I can’t use it at the local supermarket (or anywhere else for that matter). Do you know how often I use the phone in the supermarket? Every time I’m there – do we need milk/bread/butter? Can someone check if there are any onions left? DO NOT LECTURE ME ABOUT MAKING A LIST BEFORE I LEAVE HOME.
- I buy the last denim jacket in the store for Hippie Child for Christmas. It’s too small. The day AFTER we drive to Forster (2 hours away) to see visiting relatives we take the denim jacket back only to discover there is one in her size at Forster.
- Nana Shambles tries to be supportive of the blog and leaves a comment. Somehow manages to log on as me which means I leave a message saying how much I love myself. Hippie Child suggests Nana might have a new career as a computer hacker.
- I discover I have three followers on Instagram. I don’t know how to use Instagram. I think I spam my followers with multiple shots of myself.
And so it goes on.